Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dillon Adds Ice Skating to His Repertoire

I thought it would be fun to take the kids to see the Sharks'
practice. We went to check it out last Friday. Dillon was very
excited watching, for about 5 minutes. Who wouldn't be excited... the
whooosh of the puck, the sounds of the ice and the guys, and seeing
them all so close up, it was pretty cool.

But what Dillon really wanted to do was TRY IT, of course!!! And when
we saw a 2-1/2-year-old out there on the ice in the "Open Skate Rink",
and found out we could rent skates from Size 6, well... how could we
not try? We rented one pair for the mommies (me, Tara and Michelle)
and one pair for the boys (Dillon, Quade and Jackson). It was
awesome!!! I was a bit nervous - I'm pretty sure I haven't skated
since around 1996, and Dillon didn't like it at first, I think he felt
really out of control. But then I held his two hands, and we made it
all the way around the rink. He was great about sharing, but he
wanted to go again. Tara and Michelle left, so I let him go with that
2-1/2-year-old's mom, Nola, who was SOOOOO generous to offer!! And
then she offered her son's equipment! Thus the photo. Dillon was
hooked! :)

No comments: