Friday, June 27, 2008

Five months old!


Can you believe that I've already been here five months? It's amazing how much I've learned, how much fun I've had getting to know my family, and how comfortable I am in this big, bad world!

One of my most recent milestones, until today, was being able to play in the exersaucer! OK, maybe "milestone" isn't quite the right word. I'm sure Fisher Price and Graco and all those toy brands would think it was great, though, ha ha! But the fact that I can keep my head up and balance in this thing, while sucking on the toys and playing with the rattles, IS a big deal. :) And for Mommy, it's especially cool that I like to play in it for quite a long time, all by myself!

But today, we added another REAL milestone! I rolled over!!! Besides the fact that Mommy was just mentioning a little kernel of worry about my seeming lack of interest in moving anywhere off my back, when I did it.... the cool thing was that I did it kind of surreptitiously. She put me on my tummy, I didn't complain, just hung out there for a moment, and VOILA! I was on my back! To be honest, I didn't know this was any big deal until everyone in the room clapped. So I did it again. And again. And then later, I did it again, to show off to my friends Ali and Sophia... and then again for Daddy, Grandma and Grandpa!

I can roll! Yeah, baby!

No comments: